RFID File Tracking Systems are designed to reduce employee time spent maintaining and managing hundreds or thousands of files within a workplace. Many businesses currently use basic methods to manage files, such as alphabetical filing, color-coded filing, or barcodes. RFID file management systems have become increasingly popular because they give employees enhanced visibility, while freeing up time previously spent on inventory counts or searching for lost documents.
HF RFID File Tracking Tag use high frequency chips from NXP.
How does Work?
When a file is created, it is given an RFID label tag encoded with a unique EPC number.
Using RFID file management software, or even a simple Excel document, the EPC number is associated with information about the file such as name, contents, etc.
When you need to find a specific file, just search the file by name or number in the software and input that unique EPC number into your RFID handheld reader. The handheld will then use its Geiger Counter-like functionality to find the file.
Additionally, fixed RFID readers and antennas are commonly used in file management solutions as well. Typically, these systems track chain-of-custody of files and documents.
· Track and Locate documents quickly
· Increase workforce productivity
· Reduce operational costs
· Eliminate lost files
· Create auditable trails of access to sensitive documents
· Automatically generate required reports
· Improve service to clients such as court/legal community
· Unauthorised access alert
· Automated billing based on access
· Web based status retrieval and reporting
· Document workflow management
· Mortgage loan companies
· Law firm
· Government agencies
· Evidence room/Police stations
· Military bases
· And many more